followers view all
|christina21maria is not in any groups|
Procedure And Requirements Of Acquiring Motorcycle Driving License And Permit
People, whose age has crossed 16 years, are eligible to apply at Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) office for Class M permit in order to obtain a driving license. However, an applicant must prove that he/she has the right to have a driving license before going through the procedure. Get the applications for license and ID from the office and after filling, submit them along with ID documents and required amount of fees in the office.
Any DMV motorcycle permit exam consists of a written test made up of 25 questions and you have to correctly answer 18 of them in order to pass the test. Also, there will be an eye screening test for your field vision and the ability to distinguish between different colors. Now, the written test is quite demanding as well as tricky, so you need to practice as much as you can before taking the actual exam.
For this, read the state’s driver manual thoroughly and take a lot of practice tests whose questions are similar to the ones in the real test. This will provide you with an insight on what type of questions are asked in this written exam, so that you are prepared for it. Few points are listed below which can help you to prepare for the exam.
• Go to websites that provide sample tests and read them carefully.
• Download the online state’s driving manual for the specific license you are applying for.
• Practice the sample tests regularly and if you are prepared enough, you will surely pass at first attempt.
In case, you are physically disabled and can’t take the written exam, request for the oral test and show the documents that prove your disability.
The requirement of documents varies according to an applicant’s age. If your age is yet to cross 18, then you have to submit the following documents.
• Date of birth certificate to examine your current age.
• Written consent from a parent, guardian division or school principle is required in license and ID applications.
• Your social security number or acceptable denial notice provided by the country’s social security administration. If you are going to present the latter, you should carry an acceptable visa and overseas passport.
If you are above 18, then you need following documents.
• Date of birth certificate and documents proving your identification and citizenship.
• Your social security number or acceptable denial notice is also required as a document and in case of denial notice; you have to show your visa status and passport to the officials for confirmation.
Every document must be original and any photocopy would be rejected. Also, your right to have a driving license would be verified to check whether it has been suspended, canceled or disqualified.
Procedure of obtaining motorcycle license
If you want a Class M license, you need to show that you have crossed 18 years of age and carry a legitimate Class M permit. If you are just 16, then you need to complete JOL requirements as well as MREP course and present the parental consent. There are basically two procedures used to acquire a motorcycle driving license.
• Take a course approved by MREP or MSF and after you have completed and passed it, your information will be submitted to the department and you will get your license by mail.
• Take a DMV road test. Schedule the test after passing the written exam and make sure that your vehicle meets all the legal and safety requirements.
When you reach the location of the road test, bring your Class M permit application and its permit, motorcycle and the necessary gear. Make sure to get the full road test done before your permit expires. After that, you just need to go to the office, present the stamped and signed permit, ID application and completed Class M license and obtain your driving license.
|share||like 14||report||402 views|