Eric Smith | erixonline

Popularity - How Depressed You Trying to Make Me?

Dec 7th 2010 at 3:23 PM

We all know popularity goes hand in hand with having any kind of success marketing online.  At most social sites, it seems your popularity is linked with the number of friends connected with ... my impression and, also, how I approached marketing the sites. Join up and connect with as many people as possible, make a few comments, and away I would go.  This has lead to a lot of website traffic over the last few years.  However, now, we have a game changer on our hand in how IM Faceplate is showing our popularity by how much we really network and use the system.  I've tried to conciously network very slowly here by following everyone who's followed me.  I've left a comment on every person's face (I've tried to at least) I have connected with ... yet, today I logged in an found my popularity down to a pity 20 points ... yikes, what did I do wrong?

I've looked around and seen other marketers here that have left less contributions, yet, they have decent popularity points (70s and 80s).  So, what to do next?

Can anyone help me with this popularity thing?

Any suggestions?

Nov 29th 2016 at 4:45 AM by markwatchorn
No system is perfect, so don't worry about the numbers shown here. Keep doing what you LIKE to do!

Nov 17th 2011 at 5:00 AM by hayusd
your post very well. I invite you to see your posts on the topic of creating high-quality pagelink top search engines of google and other search engines in http://hayusd.blogspot.com

Mar 12th 2011 at 12:07 PM by TimRR
just be honest in what you say and do

Jan 31st 2011 at 7:01 PM by erixonline
Standing on my head here!!! Only 50! Tough Stuff!

Jan 20th 2011 at 2:08 PM by erixonline
crap ... I'm trying to be more active and genuine and popularity at 49 ... do I have to lie and steal to be popular? Hey everyone, I have a program you can make almost $4,000 a month - click here ... will a statement like that make me a better prospect for IMfaceplate?

Jan 8th 2011 at 11:41 AM by TerriLPattioMLMmento
Don't take that popularity number too serious. Just concentrate on being the gentlemen that you are, that my friend will go a long way. Cheers and LOL to you.

Jan 8th 2011 at 11:28 AM by erixonline
Yeah lethos, I've been hovering around 50-51 so I guess I'm not half bad of a person.

Jan 7th 2011 at 2:51 AM by lethos
Well it's at 51 now, so don't fret! I like your approach, don't change your ways there is nothing wrong with that. I like using Articles, spotlights etc, making sure my profile is filled out with everything I can be.