followers view all
following view all
3 years ago
More Effective Techniques for Business to Business Prospecting
For most sales professionals and organizations that never do prospecting often, it may spell fear and apprehension on their part. But in reality, for companies to survive and succeed, new sales leads and customers should be coming into the business. That’s why sales people have to go the extra mile to create new relationships to foster new commercial opportunities in the name of prospecting.
Most often than not, business owners, entrepreneurs and sales persons deem prospecting in just a single method and that alone—cold calling. Though this is still a very effective approach in terms of prospecting, remember that this is not the only technique you can capitalize on. As a matter of fact, when it comes to prospecting, the more, the merrier; if you utilize more than one strategy, you’ll reap better results.
Here are more prospecting methods to try:
1. Your own site. Yes, your very own website can be a breeding ground for b2b sales leads and prospects. If it shows how you produce value for the consumers, and more importantly, if it gives a visible call-to-action (CTA), then that website could help you find more prospects. If you have a website, ensure that it includes all of those things given above plus of course, it certainly helps if you are responsive.
2. Client referrals. If you’re a sales person who’s done a brilliant work for your client and they create the introductions, then you just have the most advantageous of all the openings reinforced by your satisfied client. In fact, these are even more challenging to attain than appointment setting via cold calling.
3. By traditional advertising. Who says this medium doesn’t work? It still does. It affects us, it creates an impact. But the thing is, it does not gather b2b leads and clients that much. What advertising does is creating awareness and fortifying the vision of your brand as somebody worthy of a good business deal.
4. Sending emails. To be clear, I’m talking about email and not spamming. Sending emails is just another effective way to ignite a relationship with your business sales leads and potential customers. You know what makes this method ineffective? It’s when you are mass-sending emails with the same content to several people at once. Rather, construct a customized and warm email to your proposed client asking for a conversation.
5. Family, friends and colleagues. Never underestimate the power of your own close connections. You know these people very well and for sure, they know others as well. It’s no longer difficult to ask their help especially in terms of creating relationships, plus, they can sincerely vouch for your credibility and integrity.
6. Cold calls. Yes, before I forgot cold calling is the ultimate prospecting medium. Though you may avoid it like the plague, still, cold calling works with opening relationships. You have the phone number of your prospect, and you know you have the solution to be of service to them and make their lives easier. All you have to do is call.
These are just some of the top ways in prospecting. What methods have you used in generating new leads for your business?
|share||like 38||report||1014 views|