followers view all
following view all
|MeadeLexus is not in any groups|
Meade Lexus Hosts Holiday Toy Drive to Support Local Kids Fighting Cancer
“Keywords from yesterday: School drop-off, work, school pick-up, dinner. Keywords from today: Blood transfusions, bone marrow aspirations, spinal taps, neutropenia.”
Mickey Guisewite describes the time when she discovered her son had Leukemia—when her world was turned upside down with panic and uncertainty as he fought for his life. Although her son has since successfully completed his treatment, the memory of the experience still remains. And her mission is now to support the experience of others through her nonprofit organization, “The Bottomless Toy Chest.”
“The Bottomless Toy Chest,” based in Birmingham, is devoted to delivering toys and crafts to local children to keep their spirits up as they undergo cancer treatments. And our three local dealerships want to raise as many spirits as possible in time for the holidays. Meade Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram, Meade Lexus of Lakeside, and Meade Lexus of Southfield are each hosting a Meade Holiday Toy Drive to begin Monday, November 22nd.
Each Meade dealership will be accepting donations for three weeks and then will round up employees to participate in a “Wrap Party,” where every collected item is gift-wrapped and prepared for patient delivery. The Meade dealerships are conveniently located throughout Metro Detroit, hopefully helping to encourage community support from their surrounding areas.
With cancer treatments come daily challenges for both children and parents, and Guisewite has experienced firsthand the immeasurable difference that a strong support system can make.
“‘The Bottomless Toy Chest’ is here to be part of that support system,” she says.
And with your support as well, blood transfusions and spinal taps can alternate with another set of keywords: Excitement and encouragement to stay strong.
Meade’s Holiday Toy Drive
- Dates: Accepting donations Nov. 22nd-Dec. 13th, 2010.
- Drop-Off Locations: Meade Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram (18001 Mack Ave, Detroit, MI 48224), Meade Lexus of Lakeside (45001 Northpointe Blvd, Utica, MI 48315), and Meade Lexus of Southfield (28300 Northwestern Hwy, Southfield, MI 48034).
- Donation Suggestions: Projects, games, and interactive toys for male and female patients from infancy through age 20.
- Donation Restrictions: Due to health restrictions, all donations must be new. Violent games and books, toy guns, swords, projectile toys, candy, food, or religious materials cannot be accepted.
- For more information, contact email@example.com.
|share||like 31||report||288 views|