How to Get the Best Compacted Graphite Iron Castings and Gray Iron Casting
Compacted graphite iron castings are some of the most common castings in the contemporary industrial setting. Compacted graphite iron was patented for the first time in the late 1940’s at the same time with ductile iron. It has unique properties which make it suitable for use in different applications.
On the other hand, gray iron casting is easy to machine and cast. It is used in different applications for its good thermal conductivity and damping properties. However, this casting has a flaky structure which makes it more brittle. Its brittleness is reflected by its tensile strength which is relatively low.
Currently, there are many companies that produce these castings. However, it is obvious that you want to get premium castings when you go shopping. As such, it is important to know how to find the right products regardless of the nature of your application. There are many factors that you should consider once you have decided to purchase these castings.
Factors to consider when buying compacted graphite iron or gray iron casting
Among the factors that you need to consider include the following:
• Experience: A company that has been producing castings for many years has experienced engineers. Such engineers are conversant with the effective techniques for producing superior quality castings. Therefore, they will always produce premium quality products.
• Specialty: You should choose a company that specializes in the production of the castings that you are looking for. This is very important because a company that specializes in the production of the castings that you want has more experience in that field. Therefore, find out whether the company produces alloyed irons, ductile iron, compacted graphite or gray iron castings.
• Customer reviews: A good company has more positive reviews from customers who have bought its castings. This is because they are satisfied by the quality of the products that they get from it any time they order their products. Therefore, choose a company that has a good reputation among its customers.
• Technology: Innovative technologies enhance efficiency and precision in the production of castings. As such, choose a company that embraces the latest technologies in producing its castings. This will ensure that your castings are produced properly and on time.
• Certification: The best company to get your castings from should have relevant certification such as ISO 16112. This proves its ability to produce quality castings. Thus, you can be confident that it will deliver superior quality gray iron or compacted graphite iron castings.
By considering these factors, you can be certain that you will find an ideal company from which to get quality castings.
For more information about Casting Solutions please visit at www.waupacafoundry.com.
|share||like 4||report||29 views|