If you’re running a business or business operation which involves fuel storage, you really do need to get things right, from day one. Fuel storage is a high dollar value operation, which can have either positive or negative effects on your bottom line.
Let’s start with the negative effects first, because you do need to be very aware of the possible effects of inadequate fuel storage:
• Added costs as a result of inefficient fuel storage distribution - “Inefficient” fuel distribution is any type of fuel distribution which generates added costs, or inadequate capacity, which simply means you buy more fuel more often.
• “Lag time costs” – The notorious, and very common, practice of fuel distribution being situated too far from operational sites. This issue means that you are spending money and fuel simply going from A to B, which is anything but cost efficient.
• Outdated storage which simply can’t deliver the capacity you need – This is a real, serious problem, and it can be a major spanner in the works operationally and financially. This particular problem needs to be fixed ASAP.
Suffice to say that these problems can actually cost millions of dollars a year for transport companies, building companies, and industry.
Not entirely surprisingly, the positive effects of good fuel storage systems are also the best fixes for the negative issues:
• Good fuel distribution networks actually save money – Bulk purchases, adequate capacity, and appropriate storage types, like above ground fuel storage tanks, bulk diesel fuel storage tanks, and strategically sited lower capacity of storage for local operations can basically fix all of the problems above.
• Appropriate storage – Best practice for managing fuel is to ensure that fuel tanks are fully safety compliant. For example, double walled fuel tanks provide security against leaks, aging, and better safety for bulk storage.
If you’d like to check out the latest modern fuel storage tanks for your fuel distribution, you need to look at the website of a company called Fuel Storage Tanks Inc. This is one of America’s leading suppliers of fuel storage solutions. They have a virtually complete inventory of every of fuel storage on the market. Check out their website here at www.fuelstoragetanksinc.com, then talk directly to the experts. You’ll be very glad you did.