followers view all
|universalposition is not in any groups|
Everything you need to know about reading instruction software
Reading is such a fundamental skill. Most people don’t know how many other people suffer from lack of reading skills. New reading instruction software is bringing a whole new range of options to parents with kids who have reading problems and adults with reading issues.
The key to reading software is based on its value as both a teacher and driving force in student interest in reading. Good reading software is straightforward, easy to use, instantly accessible, and highly productive, showing clear value as a learning tool.
The key issues in reading skills are:
- Basic word reading and spelling – The recognition of letters and the words they form.
- Vocabulary – Building a language base of known words.
- Sentence formation – Structure, grammar and basic sentence usage.
- Comprehension – Understanding the core meaning of text.
- Literacy – The next stage in comprehension, which is understanding the meaning of the written text as meant by the writer.
The best software takes a progressive approach to these issues, starting with the basic words and building knowledge from that base. There’s a company called See-N-Read which uses these Reading Strategies to systematically develop reading skills using a range of software packages.
Their products include:
- Color Tag™ – A highlighting system used to focus on the primary topic of text
- Memory Mark™ – Using a proofreader technique to focus on specific passages of text.
- See-N-Read™ – A reading package for fluency and on-screen reading.
- See-n-Spell™ – A phonics- based method of spelling using recognition of the sound of first letters
- See-N-Read Reading Tools® – Designed to manage both focus and eye movement simply and effortlessly, and avoid “scrambled” reading.
As you can see, Reading and Comprehension are the core elements in these products. That’s one of the reasons we’re using these software packages as a user’s guide to the best reading software.
They have a good track record of success and are useful for students at any level of reading skills.
For more information, please see their website here at http://www.see-n-read.com/. If you’d like to ask about these products, you can contact the company online or by phone. Their experts will be able to advise regarding appropriate product choices and answer your question regarding selection choices.
|share||like 5||report||72 views|