followers 1 popularity
following 1

followers  view all

following  view all

ronaldadam is not in any groups

Does Home Contents Insurance Cover Property Stored in a Van Parked within the Grounds?

Mar 17th 2015 at 1:59 AM

Home insurance needs to cover both the building and its contents but if you have any particularly valuable items you may find that you will need to take out some form of extra cover that lists those items in case of theft or damage.

On this principle even if you normally park your van on the driveway or locked in the garage when you are not working and it contains the tools of your trade it may be wise to have a policy specifically to cover for these in addition to van insurance.

You must by law now have specific van insurance regardless whether you use the van for business or purely leisure. Ordinary car insurance, whatever the make, from Ford to Toyota to BMW, will not do.

Van insurance comes under two main categories, private and commercial.

Private van insurance would cover vehicles like camper vans or mobile homes as well as a van you use for transporting hobby equipment such as surfing, go-karting, fishing, rock climbing, or model airplane flying.

If you're a classic van enthusiast this is classified as a hobby and would also be covered as private/social use.

However, there is often some confusion about which policy you need if you also use your van for other purposes.

If you use your van for commuting to and from work, you will need commercial van insurance classified as carriage of own goods (more information follows).

Similarly some insurers would advise having carriage of own goods cover if you regularly use your van to take goods to sell at car boot sales.

Otherwise if your van is used to carry out a trade or business, from storing and transporting the tools of your trade to delivering goods for other businesses you will need some form of Van Insurance.

Commercial van insurance can be divided into Carriage of own goods, Carriage of goods for hire or reward and Haulage.

The first covers use of the van for commuting to more than one place of work, including to meetings, to regional offices, or on sales trips. It will cover your personal property and any tools you might need to carry out your work.

Carriage of goods for hire covers delivery of goods for example as a courier visiting multiple locations while Haulage cover usually implies fixed deliveries to regular clients. While both will cover you for accidents it is usually also necessary to have separate cover for goods in transit.

For More Details Visit Here: Home Insurance Deals

Please to comment

sign in

Remember Me

New to IM faceplate? join free!

Lost Password? click here