Do You Want To Shift To United States? Then Read This!

Nov 26th 2015 at 1:06 AM

People these days would not like to stay in a same place for long time. Rather, they would like to shift their residence to the nearby countries or cities from their place. In addition, most people want to shift to US from Canada either for some days or permanently. Shifting from Canada to United States is easy, but at the same time, you have to fulfill the formalities proposed by the United States Government. That is, the US government has declared that, the Canadian residents who would like to shift to US for some days or permanently, will come under the US – Canada tax.

That is, they will be mattered to US income tax if they think to stay for more number of days than mentioned in the form 8840. The form 8840 is nothing but the calculation of number of days that people stay in US. That is, you could find whether you will be mattered to US income tax by reading the calculation of days in that form. It does not really matter, whether you own a house or apartment or dwell in US, rather what matters is that, you have to obey the rules and regulations set up the US government for the immigrates of Canada.

What is IRS Form 8840?

The IRS form 8840 is the closer connection exemption statement for aliens. In case, if you do not want to subject to US income tax, you should fill the IRS form 8840 each year without fail. In that form, you will be asked to fill out the details of,

· Your family

· The authority of your voting and you belongs to which jurisdiction

· Your home, either it is permanent or not

· Your costly bearings such as, furniture, houses, jewels, cars and more

· Your occupation and business

· If you have any association with political or social or religious or cultural activities


Once after filling those things, you will be informed whether or not your statement is accepted by the US government. If it is accepted, you will be unconfined from US tax; otherwise, you have to pay the tax amount demanded by them.

Please to comment

sign in

Remember Me

New to IM faceplate? join free!

Lost Password? click here