Different Ways Of Welding Stainless Steel
Stainless steel is considered as a fascinating metal to weld. There is a wide array of stainless steel available in the market. If you are not aware regarding the basics of the welding process of stainless steel, then obviously it will be a tedious task. It easily reacts to excessive warping as well as distorting. It can scratch very easily, so utmost care has to be taken while welding stainless on the metal table.
There are three common ways of stainless steel welding. They are as mentioned below-
• Stick welding- This method employed to weld a stainless steel using an arc welder; it is quite different than welding a mild steel. In this process a less gauge of stainless steel electrode for utilizing for arc welding of stainless steel. One need to be very cautious regarding eyes, so it’s better suggested wearing eye protection. Using arc machine relatively very easy to weld the stainless steel.
• Mig welding- Here, you need to exchange the wire of the mig welding for the stainless steel wire. It is usually available in 316 and 304 grades. 316 stainless wires are used in high level corrosion areas and also for marine applications.
• Tig welding - This well be the most difficult of all the methods of welding, but still it is the satisfying and gives pure joint between the filler metal and the base metal. The tig welders require more skill than others. They make use of a small hand torch which carries tungsten electrode in order to create an arc.
For basic welding process of stainless steel, stick (arc) welding and mig welding are sufficient; if you need high quality finishing then it’s better to choose tig welding.
Various techniques used of metal fabrication
Metal components are used in various aspects of our life. They are available in required shape, finish and size. If you are not satisfied with the readymade designs, then you can go for custom metal fabrication St Louis to get metal designs as per your requirements.
Here are listed with some of the metal fabrication techniques –
• Shearing- This is one of the widely used simple fabrication techniques as the metal sheets are supposed to be cut before they are molded into required shapes. The process requires special care and concern in order to ensure that metal sheet doesn’t chip away.
• Bending - Bending make use of different processes in order to create specific designs. The type of tools and techniques used depends upon the shape you wish to create. This can do either manually or through an automatic process.
• Cutting – This is one of the most important aspects of the metal fabrication process and it helps you to cut the metal sheets into various forms. When cutting is done manually, it involves saw and chisels. In order to save your time and for speed and accuracy you can make use of machines.
|share||like 6||report||167 views|