followers view all
|advancedinteriors is not in any groups|
Commercial Aircraft Interiors –The Best Plan for Side Panels
Designing aircraft interiors can be a tricky task indeed. It is always a trade-off between safety and aesthetics. A choice between convenience and affluence. A decision between looks and weight considerations. There are a lot of things that you need to pick from, all the while making sure that your choice makes the journey better, happier and more comfortable for the passengers taking the flight. Even the colours can have an effect on their overall psyche, transforming the whole cabin space into either a happy and energetic space or a dull and boring hole in the plane. You really can do a lot with the way you design a plane’s interior space.
Every individual element needs to be selected carefully here and each element has its own set of considerations that you need to think about if you are to make the decision of selecting them. In fact, side panelling in planes is a total issue in itself. Lets look at the important aspects of side panels that you should bear in mind.
- These panels were originally introduced to light up the interiors in the cabin and improve visibility. This main purpose shouldn’t be lost in all your bids to improve aesthetics.
- Overhead lighting can create an issue with side panels. The illumination that washes over these panels gets reflected and can jarringly poke into the eyes of passengers.
- Oval window shapes are also an issue. They do not allow the passenger sitting next to the window seat to get a good look outside. In fact, this traditional window shape is known to create a more cramped feeling in the interiors of a plane.
- New age side panels come with many advanced features, one of which is versatility. They can be easily customised to fit any style of aircraft interiors and can be chosen based upon the size of the plane.
- They come with a laterally overlapping panel connecting design. This means uniformity in cabin pressure and a chance to use D shaped windows. The window opening is made to be slightly pointing backwards with a relatively upward tilt to the horizontal angle.
- The lighting structure can also be changed with these side panels. The LED panels can now be installed in a way that the illumination is directed to the rear margin of the next adjacent panel. This ensures that the reflection doesn’t hit the passengers’ eyes directly while cabin illumination stays the same. In fact, the lighting can actually be modified and enhanced, making the commercial aircraft’s interiors even more vibrant.
- Even the bottom portions of aircraft side panels can be effectively used to enhance the passengers’ flight experience. The kick panels located at the lower border of the sidewall panels slots in the decompression ducts and vents for better cabin ventilation. There are LED panels installed too that can help passengers with better cabin floor visibility.
For more information about commercial aircraft interiors, be sure to check out http://advancedinteriorsdesign.com/ .
About The Author
Gayle Rutherford is an expert in aircraft interiors and her articles are an excellent source of information and tips for anyone looking to spice up the look of their plane’s cabin space. She frequently recommends AdvancedInteriorsDesign.com as the most trustworthy name to depend upon for everything related to the interior decor of a plane.
|share||like 5||report||33 views|