Choosing your Divorce Lawyer in Singapore
The most important decision in your divorce is choosing the right divorce lawyer.How do you find the right lawyer? And what do you ask during the initial consultation?
At the end of the day, you need to ask yourself; would an experienced lawyer necessarily have been more expensive? Do I want a cheap Divorce Lawyer who may well have a hidden costs structure? And most importantly, does the Lawyer know how to deal with complex law issues that may arise in your divorce case?
Firstly, your lawyer should be a Specialist in Matrimonial law, one who knows what they are doing and is passionate about doing it. A good divorce lawyer will clear any doubts that you have in the beginning of your divorce; failing to do this will create complications further down the line. Be sure of your directions and always keep an eye on the big picture.
Office staff is an important gateway to your divorce lawyer. How you engage with them will give you a clue about your future dealings with the law firm. If you are greeted warmly and the office staffs are friendly and accommodating, chances are you will enjoy your partnership with your divorce lawyer. Nothing more annoying than engaginga divorce lawyer who is never available when you call or email non-responsive staffs who make you feel like you are bothering them.
Keep in mind that with experience comes a wealth of knowledge.
So, how do you choose your divorce lawyer?
· Do an internet profile search on the Lawyer.
· Call the firm to set up a 30 minute (free of charge) consultation & assess the lawyer and see how he/she can help in your particular circumstances.
· Establish how many years practicing experience the Lawyer has in Family Law.
· Understand charges involved at every stage of proceedings (Is it per hourly basis or a package option?) The lawyer should give you an estimated cost breakdown on their letter of engagement.
· Communication and trust with your prospective Lawyer is most important. Have an understanding of the different stages of the Divorce process. Make sure all your options are explored. A good Lawyer will go through this process before you engage them.
And then go with your gut feeling.
Article Source: - http://glipho.com/sherilynjar/choosing-your-divorce-lawyer-in-singapore
|share||like 4||report||121 views|