Choose Organic Bedding for a Healthy Lifestyle
Despite the obvious risks and health concerns, a large percentage of people sleep with mattresses, comforters and pillows made from petrochemicals, synthetic fillers, poly-fibers, and poly-foams. More and more research is showing that these unnatural materials release toxic off-gas fumes, often for long periods of time. Also, many of these artificial materials are grown or synthesized from pesticides, bleaches, and herbicides, potent remnants of which are often found in the retail end-product. Chemically-based materials also attract allergens and dust mites, which effectively compromise the respiratory and immune systems, often causing allergic reactions that can exasperate other health issues, so protect yourself.
Mites live on dead skin-cells and the water from human perspiration, so protecting a mattress from these little creatures and their sustenance with a mattress-cover is a wise choice. Haiku Designs also offers state-of-the-art organic mattress-toppers, and below is a list of their many benefits:
1. Provides a comfortable surface
2. Keeps your bedding fresh and aerated
3. Removes any moisture without making the bedding feel cold or clammy
4. Protects against the growth of dust mites, mold and mildew
5. Inhibits sleep disturbance from tossing and turning
6. Creates an allergen-free environment
7. Joints and muscles are soothed by the topper’s cushion, allowing a more restorative night’s sleep
8. Buffers pressure-points along the body to reduce tossing and turning
9. Keeps the body warm during the winter season and cool in summer
10. Relieves pressure-points as it recovers up to 95% of its shape when compressed
11. Naturally flame-resistant so no harsh chemicals are necessary
12. Does not encourage static-electricity or static cling
Like silk sheets, organic cotton sheets provide a tactile sensation all their own, and it’s comforting to know that cotton has been around a lot longer than sheets made from synthetic fibers https://www.haikudesigns.com/organic-comforters.htm. Any pure cotton sheets worth their weight in gold weaves with cotton that has a 300 thread-count. Organic cotton is grown without the use of chemical herbicides, fertilizers or pesticides. Most standard sheets made today are a mixture of cotton and petroleum-based synthetic fibers, and the cotton used is not organically grown or even naturally grown for that matter. When you consider all the insecticides used for industrial agriculture, almost 25% is used for growing cotton (that’s almost 600,000 tons per year). To complicate this misguided lab’ experiment, big agribusiness uses bleach to turn the cartoon snow-white for the production of clothing and linens. This historically recent procedure requires the use of dioxin bleach and a long list of other hard-to-pronounce chemicals, many of which are regarded as carcinogenic. Learn more about Haiku Designs’ noteworthy certifications.
About the Author:
Clay Phipps is the founder of Haiku Designs which is a market leader in platform beds and modern furniture.
Since its inception, Haiku Designs has provided the finest collections of modern furniture for home and offices. It offers all kinds of bedroom, living room and dining room products. Apart from this, Haiku Designs also offers natural bedding, floor covering and accessories.
|share||like 4||report||26 views|