CEREC - ONE VISIT DENTISTRY
What is CEREC…?
CEREC stands for Ceramic Reconstruction, and the CEREC system consists of a chair-side 3D
Acquisition Centre and a CAD-CAM CEREC Milling Unit.
This system is used to produce high quality, aesthetic, durable precision porcelain or ceramic restorations.
An aesthetic porcelain or ceramic dental crown, bridge, inlay/onlay, etc. in just one visit!
CEREC means the dentist prepares your tooth and creates, on site and while you watch, a beautiful and durable ceramic restoration that is permanently fitted all in one appointment.
The benefits of CEREC to you:
• Porcelain crowns, inlays, on lays, bridges, veneers or implant retained crowns made and fitted in just one visit Docklands Dental.
• Great for nervous patients.
• You get your beautiful new crown in one day, instead of weeks!
• One local anaesthetic and you may not even need local anaesthetic at all!
• No need for unpleasant impressions in your mouth.
• No unpredictable temporary crowns needed, and no worries about them falling off or discolouring between appointments.
• Reduced time off work, and no need for a second appointment weeks later to fit the crowns.
• The dentist has complete control over the design and production resulting in highly aesthetic, durable, protective and realistic tooth coloured porcelain restorations.
• The use of this advanced technology means faster, more comfortable, safer treatment for you.
• No one need ever know you have a crown.
How does CEREC work? – Get ready for the science:
There are 2 parts to the CEREC process, a chair side 3-D scanning unit and computer design unit and a special machine to print the new restoration.
The dentist scans your teeth and mouth with the 3D camera and, using the latest 3D ‘video-stitching technology, these images are turned into a 3D ‘Digital Impression’ by the amazing software in the Acquisition Centre computer.
Then the dentist uses the design application of the software to create the most suitable type of restoration for your tooth.
The final design is sent to the CAD-CAM CEREC Milling Unit. In the milling unit a ceramic block that is selected specifically for your tooth to give the best aesthetics and durability. This is then milled by specialised diamond burrs to exactly to the shape and design of your tooth.
Where it is desirable, the dentist can even match your own natural dental characteristics by scanning your mouth prior to preparing your teeth. The software can then create a ‘Bio-copy’ just for you, resulting in very natural looking restorations that blend seamlessly into your smile.
The final milled restoration can then be glazed and stained artistically to mimic the natural enamel and dentine structure of your teeth.
Video Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=34&v=bTzkM6BE41s
About The Author:
This article is written by Dan, who is associated with Docklands Dental. Docklands Dental is an award winning dental practice based in the IFSC. They provide pain free practice, with cutting edge technology for patient communication, diagnosis and treatment. They offer specialist services for oral surgery and implant placement.
|share||like 3||report||39 views|