Careers in a Petrochemical Industry
If we talk about India, Petrochemical is one of the major revenue earning industries. As the demand for petrochemicals have always remained high, the Indian Petrochemical Companies play an important role in the Indian economy.
While earlier petrochemical companies were controlled by Indian Petroleum Corporation Limited, private investments started flowing in the petrochemical segment after Liberalization, Privatization and Globalization (LPG) policy which was implemented in 1991. Let’s have a look on some of the important features of Indian Petrochemical Companies.
- Expensive raw materials
- Rise in demand
- Relation between the domestic and the global market prices
- Adoption of New Technology
From buckets and mugs to huge PVC pipes, almost all household items are produced by Indian Petrochemical Companies. Apart from house wares, these firms also make the products required in the healthcare as well as pharmaceutical industries.
Although, the salary of a petrochemical engineer depends on the company he is employed in. Petroleum engineers are usually the highest paid engineers in the world. If you want to be a part of this growing industry, an online job portal might help you to find petro chemical job openings. Meanwhile let’s have a look at some of the important designations out here.Scope of Petroleum Engineers
- Reservoir Engineer
- Technical Support Engineer
- Senior Geoscientist
- Drill Bits System Field Engineer
- Petroleum Technologist
- Drilling Engineer
- Petro Physicist
- Technical Support Specialist
- Tender and Quotations Analyst
- Geosciences Pressure Expert
- Senior Petro Physicist
- Senior Exploration Geologist
- Process Engineer
Students can do the following courses to fetch jobs for themselves in Petroleum industries
Available Courses for Aspiring Petroleum Engineers
- BE Petroleum Engineering
- BTech Applied Petroleum Engineering
- BTech Petrochemical Engineering
- BTech Petroleum Engineering
- BTech Petroleum Refining and Petrochemicals Engineering
- BTech Petroleum Refining Engineering
- BTech Petroleum Reservoir And Production Engineering
- ME Petroleum Engineering
- MTech Petroleum Engineering
- MTech Petroleum Exploration
- MTech Petroleum Refinery Engineering
- MTech Petroleum Refining and Petrochemical Engineering
While petroleum engineering offers attractive remuneration, it can be divided into two categories.
This sector includes petro chemical job openings which involves activities such as exploration, production and exploitation of oil and natural gases with the use of drilling technology and geophysics.
The downstream sector consists of job openings which demands refining, marketing and distributing petroleum products.Bottom Line
Petroleum engineering is lucrative career option for students in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Pune, Gurgaon, Kolkata, Ahmedabad and Noida. Job seekers can search for petro chemical job openings in global oil companies to get international exposure.
|share||like 2||report||238 views|