followers view all
|ydeengineers is not in any groups|
|•Design of bridges, tunnels and civil engineering structures.
•Structural design of long span structures, sport facilities, car parks, residential, industrial and commercial building.
•Studies, reports and estimates for structural engineering projects.
•Consultation to contractors and engineers for post-tensioned structures and unique structural design.
•Value engineering - reviewing and optimization of existing design.
Specialty in post-tensioned structures.
Izhak Z. Stern | ydeengineers
Bridges and Civil Engineering Structures
Jan 12th 2012 at 1:59 AM
- The company has excellent capability and creativity to find the most economic solution, yet technically sound and safe structure.
- Due to these qualities we became the most preferred consulting engineering company among the contractors competing on Design-Build bids projects.
- The company is specialized in the spliced girders method.
- This method is the way to maximize span/depth ratio for bridges composed of pre-cast girders.
- Utilization of this method, combined with the company developed system for optimization of post-tensioned tendon profiles, enables reducing 20%-40% of the structures cost, compared to other alternative design methods.
- Zohar Bridge is composed of standard precast AASHTO VI girders with 52 meter span. B9 Bridge on road 431 is composed of standard channel girders 1.80 meter deep with 54 meter span. The Histadrut Bridge is composed of channel precast girders 2.5 meter deep with 72 meters span: this is the largest span spliced girder bridge and among one of the largest bridges composed of precast elements with this span/depth ratio.
- The company designs integral abutments bridges up to 80 meters long, including bridges with large diameter concrete piles. The integral abutments bridges avoid the need for bearings and expansion joints, reducing construction cost and dramatically minimizing the maintenance cost. The integral abutments bridges improve the riding quality of vehicles. Accurate analysis of the creep, shrinkage, temperature difference effects and the foundation soil interaction is accomplished, resulting in a very well performing bridge.
For typical design-build projects, see http://www.yde.co.il/Bridges-and-Civil-Engineering-Structures.aspx
|share||like 18||report||176 views|