followers 9 popularity
following 4

following  view all

paulwright032 is not in any groups

Best Tips For Filling Out US Immigration Forms Correctly

Jun 19th 2015 at 1:25 AM

The USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) has many different Immigration forms depending on whether a person is applying for citizenship or one of the many categories of visas available. They include Form I-130, Form N-400, Form I-485, Form I-765 and Form N400 which are used for different purposes.

Filling out the form is one of the early and most crucial steps in the immigration process and it should be done with a great deal of care. If the form is incomplete or incorrect it will be rejected and you will just end up irritating the officials. Further, if immigration officials determine that you have deliberately lied on the form then you might be barred from travelling to the US forever.

The following tips will enable you to fill the form correctly:

  • Fill out all the boxes without leaving any of them free. If you don’t have an answer for a particular box then you could just fill in NA for Not Applicable. Keep in mind that No is not the same as NA.
  • Be very sure to fill your name correctly, so that it matches with all the paperwork that you have submitted along with your application. You’ll have to fill in previous married names, legal name changes and any other name in the correct boxes. Keep in mind that there is no compulsion to change your name when you get married. All you have to do is be consistent in what you write.
  • People tend to make mistakes when they have to fill out their address because they get confused about filling in permanent and temporary addresses.
  • In case you are not able to provide certain information or even the supporting documents for what you have filled in the form then you should explain this in a covering letter.

The best thing to do is get professional help so that the naturalization or green card application process gets done quickly and simply. An immigration specialist such as a lawyer will advise you about the best and quickest way to get naturalization or the best visa. You might need this assistance even if you are fluent in English because of the intricacies of the process. The lawyer will also help you fill the form correctly in a manner that is guaranteed to help it sail through official channels. Getting professional help will cost you some money but you will save yourself a great deal of time and effort.

For more information visit -

Please to comment

sign in

Remember Me

New to IM faceplate? join free!

Lost Password? click here