followers view all
following view all
|Amandaz is not in any groups|
4th of July Quiz
America Happy 4th of July!
Here is a quiz I ran across recently and found fun although I did not do as well as I'd of liked :)
Enjoy the holiday and please remember the people still fighting for our freedom.
1. When did the Continental Congress actually pass a resolution of Independence?
a) July 1
b) July 2
c) July 3
2. Who was on the committee assembled to draft the declaration?
a) Richard Henry Lee, Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, Robert Livingston, and George Washington.
b) Samuel Adams, Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, Robert Livingston, and John Hancock.
c) John Adams, Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, Robert Livingston, and Roger Sherman.
3. What was one of the reasons that Adams told Jefferson, the youngest man on the committee, to draft a declaration?
a) Jefferson was from Massachusetts, a politically powerful state.
b) Adams knew that he was unpopular and considered obnoxious by many delegates. In order for the declaration to be accepted, he had to keep a low profile.
c) Adams wanted to challenge Jefferson to improve his writing skills by drafting an important document.
4. Which of the following was something Congress cut out of Jefferson's draft of the declaration?
a) They removed all references to slavery.
b) They removed all references to women.
c) They removed a paragraph written in Latin.
5. Which two key players in the history of Independence died on the fiftieth anniversary of the declaration?
a) Thomas Jefferson and John Hancock
b) Thomas Jefferson and John Adams
c) Benjamin Franklin and John Adams
Answers: b. c. b. a. b.
|share||like 69||report||891 views|